Last Updated on
The skin underneath our eyes is said to be the thinnest and the most sensitive in our entire body. This area is also one of the first in our body to show signs of aging, such as the dreaded crow’s feet, fine lines, and wrinkles. It makes sense that you must include a specific product for your under-eye area in your skincare routine.
Finding the eye cream that works for your skin type is indeed a tricky business. With the market flooded with many different eye creams that allegedly offer a slew of benefits; none are more popular than the eye creams from Korean or K beauty brands.
K beauty products gained traction in the beauty community for their revolutionary products such as Snail Creams, BB and CC creams, and their multiple-step skincare routines. Their usage of innovative and high-quality ingredients and their unique formulations have made them popular with beauty and skincare lovers.
Korean skincare brands are known to use powerful ingredients in their eye creams such as retinol, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E. K beauty also advocates the use of natural and organic ingredients that are sustainably harvested.
A good eye cream will help you with a host of problems such as dark circles, pigmentation, puffiness and dull skin underneath the eyes, and preventing fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet. It hydrates the area gently to keep it supple and moisturized and improves the elasticity of the under-eye area.
Top 10 Best Korean Eye Creams to Invest in 2020
MIZON Snail Repair Cream
This is one of the most popular and much-loved eye creams to come from the Korean based skincare brand MIZON, consistently earning a spot in every list of best eye creams. It contains 80% of snail mucin, which is a famed K beauty ingredient along with adenosine, peptides and niacinamide.
Snail mucin has been found to help in boosting collagen and elastin production in the skin, thus helping in the prevention of fine lines and wrinkles. It contains hyaluronic acid that deeply hydrates the skin and keeps it supple. Niacinamides are an excellent source of moisture and are great for treating dark circles.
Adenosine and peptides help in toning, brightening and firming the under-eye area and these ingredients work along with snail mucin and niacinamides to create a powerful anti-aging eye cream that is suitable for all skin types.
- It contains snail mucin which is excellent for collagen production and improves skin elasticity.
- Niacinamides provide moisture to the under-eye area and help in treating dark circles
- Can be used on all skin types
- Available in different sizes
4 stars out of 5 (average customer rating)
A.H.C The Real Eye Cream for Face
AHC (Aesthetic Hydration Cosmetics) is one of the well known and premium skincare brands in Korea. This multifunctional cream from AHC is marketed not only for under eye usage but also for the whole face as well.
The ingredients used in its formulation are premium and of the finest quality. It has serious anti-aging benefits due to ingredients such as sesaflash, syn-coll, Antarctican and Sepicalm , peptides, collagen, Bio Metic water, Eco-Cert, and a bunch of natural extracts which that are highly effective in combating fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin by improving sin’s elasticity.
This cream from AHC is perfect for the woman on the go as one of its outstanding features is that it can be used all over the face for brightening and firming the skin. With this added benefit, one need not buy additional products for the under-eye area.
- It can be used for both under eye area and the entire face as well.
- Premium, high quality, and natural ingredients.
- Serious anti-aging benefits
- Suitable for all skin types
3 and a half stars out of 5 stars
Missha Gumsul Giyoon Eye Cream
This is a luxurious eye cream from Missha that will fulfill all your under-eye concerns. Its rich formulation is made from premium Korean ingredients such as fermented ginseng water and phellinus linteus mushrooms, deer antler and Reishi mushroom extracts that have been extensively used in Oriental medicine.
Fermented Ginseng water is excellent for preventing fine lines and wrinkles and improves the overall health of your under-eye area. It works along with fermented phellinus linteus mushrooms to improve skin elasticity and firm any sagging skin.
Deer antlers and Reishi mushroom extracts along with Ginseng water provide a great brightening effect to the eyes and prevent dark circles. It has a thick, creamy texture and is suitable for all skin types but mostly recommended for drier skin types.
- 25% Wild Ginseng, Deer Antler, & Reishi Mushroom extract that brighten up the under eye and prevent dark circles.
- Fermented Ginseng water and phellinus linteus improve skin elasticity and help in fighting wrinkles and fine lines.
- Paraben-free and Fragrance-free.
- Devoid of colorants, mineral oil, talc, benzophenone, and triclosan found in most eye creams.
4 stars out of 5 (average customer rating)
Innisfree Jeju Orchid Eye Cream
Innisfree is one of the most renowned skincare brands in Korea. This eye cream from Innisfree has been a fan favorite ever since its launch. It is part of the Jeju Orchid infused skincare line from Innisfree. It is formulated with Orchidelixir, which is a powerful antioxidant found in Jeju Orchid.
Jeju Orchid has a wealth of antioxidants, including Orchidelixir, which can provide immense anti-aging benefits to the under-eye area. Jeju orchid contains hyaluronic acid that provides deep moisture and rejuvenation to the under-eye region. The antioxidants present in it help to smooth and to brighten the under-eye area, thus preventing fine lines, wrinkles and crow’s feet.
The texture of this cream is thick and creamy, so a tiny bit is enough for your under-eye area and it does not leave a greasy residue. This is the perfect cream for all your under-eye concerns and mostly recommended for drier skin types.
- Rich in antioxidants that help in combating fine lines and wrinkles
- It contains hyaluronic acid, that helps in keeping the under-eye soft and moisturized.
- The creamy and fast-absorbing texture that won’t leave the skin feeling greasy.
- Mild floral scent
4 and a half star out of 5 (average customer ratings)
MIZON Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream
Another outstanding eye cream from MIZON, this cream has been formulated with 42% marine collagen that helps in maintaining skin’s elasticity and preventing signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. This is highly recommended for older women as collagen production in the skin starts decreasing by mid-’20s.
It also contains adenosine that is found in most anti-wrinkle creams. Adenosine works along with marine collagen to create a powerful combination that is effective in fighting fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin and firming the under-eye area. It also includes Meadow Foam Seed Oil, Rasberry extract, Olive oil, sunflower seed oil, hyaluronic acid, and other natural ingredients.
It is free from ethanol, strong fragrances, no parabens, no benzophenone, and no artificial coloring, which gives it a hypoallergenic advantage that is safe for everyone.
- It contains 42% marine collagen and adenosine, effective in fighting signs of aging and improves radiance.
- Hypoallergenic and suitable for sensitive skin types
- Free from fragrance, ethanol, parabens, etc
- Can be used on neck, forehead and laugh lines to treat wrinkles.
4 stars out of 5 (average customer rating)
LANEIGE Perfect Renew Eye Cream
Laneige is another skincare brand to come out of Korea that has dominated the international skincare market with its popular Sleeping Lip masks. This eye cream from their Perfect Renew line of skincare products and has become a must-have among skincare addicts.
It contains advanced ceramide corrective water that deeply hydrates the delicate under-eye area and keeps it smooth and firm. Antioxidant bio-peptides such as tocopherol stimulate collagen production, improving skin elasticity and prevents anti-aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles. Skin Repair technology effectively uses flavonoid components from the galangal root to repair damage while simultaneously protecting skin barriers.
You can easily use this eye cream twice a day for best results. Some claim they have seen results in under two weeks. Its light texture easily absorbs into the skin and is suitable for all skin types.
- It contains advanced ceramide water that gives deep moisture to the under-eye area.
- Rich in antioxidants that improve skin elasticity and collagen production
- Fights signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles
- Light, smooth texture
4 stars out of 5 (average customer ratings)
Seoul Ceuticals Korean Eye Cream with Snail Repair
This eye cream from Seoul Ceuticals contains the highest amount of snail mucin than any other eye cream on the market- 97.5% and a host of natural ingredients such as jojoba oil, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, and Organic Aloe.
These ingredients work simultaneously to effectively fight against signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, eye bags, crow’s feet, dullness, and dark spots. Snail mucin is excellent for improving the skin’s elasticity and hydration due to the presence of hyaluronic acid in it.
This eye cream is also non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog your pores. It has an extended shelf life of 12 months.
- It contains 97.5% snail mucin that is excellent for improving skin elasticity and collagen production.
- Effective in fighting signs of aging
- The great shelf life of 12 months.
- 70% of organic ingredients
4 and a half stars out of 5 (average customer rating)
New Anti Aging Eye Cream for Dark Circles and Puffiness
Kleem Organics new eye cream does exactly what it promises; gets rid of puffy eyes and dark circles. It is highly recommended for both men and women to help fight signs of fatigue underneath the eyes.
It contains a host of all-natural and organic active ingredients such as caffeine, plant stem cells, vitamin E, green tea, amino acids and hyaluronic acid that provide intense hydration to the under eye area and repair damage such as puffiness and dark circles.
It is also effective against signs of aging, mainly wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Effective against signs of fatigue such as puffiness and dark circles
- Recommended for both men and women
- All-natural and organic ingredients
- Also combats signs of aging
4 stars out of 5 (average customer rating)
Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream
Nature Republic’s watery eye cream is perfect for combination skin types. As the name suggests, it has a light, gel consistency that gets absorbed in minutes to provide intense hydration to the skin.
It is made from Kona Deep Seawater that contains ingredients such as trace minerals like Calcium and Magnesium, seaweed, chlorella, collagen, and hyaluronic acid. These work together to provide a hydration boost to the under-eye area and keep it smooth and firm. They also prevent dehydrated skin that can easily show signs of aging
It forms a moisture coat on your skin, preventing moisture from evaporating and does not leave behind a greasy residue. It has been proven to provide moisture for 24 hours.
- Contains 30 different types of marine extracts
- It provides intense hydration to the under-eye area.
- Prevents moisture from evaporating.
- Suitable for combination skin types
4 and half stars out of 5 (average customer rating)
· AHC Essential Eye Cream
Another popular and effective eye cream from AHC, this eye cream is small and compact and easy to apply. It utilizes the microemulsion system for faster absorption into the skin and provides intense nourishment to the under-eye area.
It has a rich, effective combination of vitamins and peptides that fight signs of aging and fatigue such as fine lines and puffiness and dullness. It improves skin tone and texture and overall is a perfect one product solution for all your under-eye concerns.
It has a thick, creamy texture that glides easily across the skin and absorbs in minutes. It is reported that one tube of this eye cream is sold every 3 seconds in Korea. This eye cream is also popular among Korean actresses.
- A rich blend of nutrients and peptides that fight signs of aging such as puffiness and wrinkles
- Microemulsion system that leads to faster absorption.
- Thick creamy texture that glides smoothly across the skin.
- The small tube makes it easier to apply
- It can be used twice a day.
4 and half stars out of 5 (average customer reviews)
1Q- Are eye creams really needed?
Ans- As we age, the collagen production in our face, especially underneath our eyes decreases which leads to under-eye bags and other serious signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines. Most eye creams are formulated with ingredients that will boast your collagen production and improve skin elasticity to fight signs of aging. With consistent use, you can see a remarkable difference in your under-eye area.
2Q-What is the best way to apply eye creams?
Ans- Since your under-eye area is the most sensitive part of your face, only a pea-sized amount of the eye cream is needed to be applied. Use your index finger to gently smooth it all over your under eye area and gently tap for better absorption. Don’t drag or pull the skin.
3Q- When is the best time to use eye creams?
Ans- Different eye creams will specify what the best time to use them is. Most of the eye creams on the market are recommended to be used twice in a day, once in the morning and once in the night.
How to select the best Eye Cream-
- The Ingredients– An eye cream is a special skin care product that should provide deep hydration to your under-eye region. Your under-eye area is the most prone to dehydration than any other part of your body. Korean eye creams use Ceramides and Hyaluronic acid that are two of the most hydrating ingredients out there.
- Fragrance-Free– As discussed above, the under eye area is the most sensitive and delicate. If a product has a strong scent to it, which means that it is made of strong chemicals. Such products should be strictly avoided for the under-eye area as it can cause a burning sensation. Also look out for ingredients that might irritate your eyes, such as alcohol and certain plant oils
- Quick to Absorb- Your eye cream’s consistency must be such that it absorbs rapidly into the skin and does not leave behind any greasy residue. A cream that just sits on top of your skin will cause irritation to the under-eye area.
Korean eye creams have been shown to combat every concern for your under-eye area such as puffiness, dark circles, under-eye bags, to early signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet and even milia (which are bumps or cysts generally formed underneath the eye when debris, including the keratin and skin, is trapped beneath the skin) with their usage of active ingredients such as retinol, ceramides, hyaluronic acid, peptides, snail mucin, etc
Our list of the Top Ten Best Korean Eye Creams to use in 2020 has some of the best eye creams from Korea that are super effective and can combat almost all of your under eye concerns. You can most certainly find one from our list that will suit your budget and your needs